There are many knowledgeable experts on
the Pearl Harbor attack and the Japanese midget subs from whom I learned much.
- Parks Stephenson
My colleague, partner-in-crime and the guy who pulled
me into this insanity, Tom Taylor.
Terry Kerby (HURL), Midori Yanagihara (NHK), Sally
Levi (LWDG) and Kirk Wolfinger (LWDG). Terry found the first of the three midget
sub sections as early as 1992 and the last as late as 2001. The crew at HURL
continually finds evidence off the Hawaiian islands that redefines history as
we think we know it.
Syoto Koga, Gou Okumoto, Parks Stephenson, Ingo Bauernfeind.
I am surrounded by the Axis powers.
Sally Levi (LWDG). Words cannot describe how essential she was to this project in so many ways.
John Chatterton...and no, you don't want to know.
Kirk Wolfinger (LWDG), Kichiji Dewa (I-16tou detachment). Kirk bet it all on my roll of the dice. Looks like he'll never learn, God love him.
I never did get a good photo of Burl
Burlingame, the guy whose book, Advance Force Pearl Harbor, was the inspiration
and roadmap for our research. He's also a great host and guide to Honolulu's
best eating establishments.
I am also grateful to the following, with whom I met, worked with and/or corresponded
(in alphabetical order):
- David Aiken (Director, Pearl Harbor History Associates, Inc.)
- RADM Jay DeLoach (Director, Naval History & Heritage Command)
- Donald Goldstein (author, The Pearl Harbor Papers: Inside the Japanese
Plans, among others)
- CAPT Mark Helmkamp (USN Salvage Force)
- Peter Hsu (Alion Science and Technology)
- Jim Lansdale (J-aircraft.com)
- Dr. Lori Johnston-Hill (Ground Effects Environmental)
- David Loring (EOD)
- Dan Madsen (author, Resurrection: Salvaging the Battle Fleet at Pearl
- Dan Martinez (National Park Service)
- Steve Price (HURL)
- CAPT John Rodgaard (Defense and Space)
- Dr. Van Romero (New Mexico Tech)
- Randy Short (shipcamouflage.com)
- Mike Stuart (Midget sub CAD designer)
- Agnes Tauyan (Navy Region Hawaii PAO)
- Dr. Hans Van Tilburg (NOAA)
- Anthony Tully (combinedfleet.com)